You might recognize this fabric from my latest chair project (see New Project: Swan Chair!). I think it's a great vintage pattern and was really hoping I could fix the chair springs without having to strip it off. But the material was just too old and worn to stay. It pained me to remove it, which I did tack by tack. I think it took me a whole class.
I've been carrying the scraps around for a few weeks now, unable to to think of something to use them for so I wouldn't have to throw them away. Finally, I decided to make the previous chair owner a little memento. I picked up a little pillow at Building 19 for $1.35 to recover. With no sewing machine available I had to hand stitch. It is a little rough around the edges but I think it came out great!